On 25th October 2003 the Department of CSE, MBSTU started its academic journey with a mission to produce highly qualified graduates in the field of computer technology, so that they can be
- Quality researchers who will empower the science and technology sectors of our country.
- Qualified engineers to compete in the international market which will contribute to the foreign currency of the country.
- Skilled IT professionals to ensure the vision of “Digital Bangladesh”.
- Keen and competent researchers who will contribute to the betterment of the society and our world.
Computer Science and Engineering is at the intellectual forefront of the digital revolution that will define the 21st century. That revolution is in its early stages but is visible all around us. New scientific, economic and social paradigms are arising from computing science and being felt across all sectors of the economy and society at large. For accepting this technological challenge of 21st century, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is one of the most pioneering soloist of MBSTU and the country since its commencement in 2003. The department is keen on pushing the boundaries of traditional education system and it is the optimum combination of knowledge generation and application that makes the distinctive feature of the Department.
The department focuses on –
- Becoming the center of excellence in Training and Research in the areas of Computer Science and Engineering to meet the present and future needs of the society and the country
- Becoming self-procession in higher education, research and development through workshops on programming, software design and IT training
- Opening the doors to diversity, equality and cultural bonding as students of different financial backgrounds, ethnicities, religions and genders from all over the country get equal opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge in this institute
- Inspiring the students to innovate and excel in diversified fields to face the challenges that lie ahead and becoming problem solvers to find solutions to realistic complex problems with awareness and concern for society & environment